An old question from a new Member

Alles womit man die S1000RR - S 1000 RR - HP4 - HP 4 an seine Anforderungen anpassen kann.

An old question from a new Member

Beitragvon vickonix » 09.03.2018, 10:44

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I’m sorry to type in English, my German isn’t good.

I’m Bharath and I’m 30 years old! I’m originally from India, but I live in Germany since 2012 (still trying to learn the language). I'm overjoyed to see an active Community with large number of experienced professionals and hobbyists.

It’s been a childhood dream to own a Superbike and here I am with my own S1000RR (2013).

Any advice on exhaust which has the Pops & Crackles (I know it sounds childish), with TÜV?

I’m also not sure how TÜV works, is it true that TÜV won’t be granted for Exhaust without CAT?

Thanks and Keep rocking.

Best Regards,
Bharath
vickonix

Motorrad: BMW S1000 RR

Re: An old question from a new Member

Beitragvon Pdub1 » 09.03.2018, 14:47

Hello Bharath

You have a S1000RR 2013 and because of that you need a Full exhaust System to obtain the Pops and Crackles.

Your second question,yes its true,without Cat you dont get Tüv.

I hope i helped you.

Best regards,

Chris
Pdub1

Motorrad: S1000RR / BJ : 2016

Beitragvon Schwarz(b)renner » 09.03.2018, 14:54

Hi Barath,

welcome to the show!

First of all: TÜV is demotic word, the official term is Hauptuntersuchung (HU).
The TÜV is a technical organization which is (amongst others) certified to carry out the HU, but there are also other organizations as DEKRA, GTÜ,... Many years ago TÜV was the only organization to do the HU, that´s why "TÜV" is a synonym for HU.

The HU is a technical check every two years and it´s mandatory. During this check all parts relevant for safe use of a vehicle are inspected. (No oil leakages, breaks are performing etc.) This is done by visual checks, measurements and a short test ride by the inspector. In addition it is checked if the bike is in the condition as it was homologated. For this purpose it is checked if relevant parts (there is a long list, which parts are considered "relevant") are either original from OEM or are replaced by certified parts from other suppliers. This "certificate" is the ABE (allgemeine Betriebserlaubnis), such parts have a so called "e number" (certificate numer) on the part.

The exhaust is such a relevant part (noise limits became more and more important), thats why it needs to be original or have an ABE (don´t know the term CAT, I assume it means the same). Also modifications on certified parts are not allowed and will be punished. Yes, some people do it and are still alive, but there are better ways to waste money...

There are some suppliers for (legal) exhausts with different sounds. Which one you can find out here in other threads, but I´m afraid you need to exercise your German to find out ;-)

Cheers
Schwarz(b)renner

Motorrad: S1000R

Beitragvon TomS1000R14 » 09.03.2018, 16:47

Hi Bharath,

Yes it is true that you will loose your type approval of your bike if you get rid of the catalytic converter due to German traffic regulations. And by loosing your type approval your insurance might kick your ass if you have an accident and everytime the police is stopping you will get certainly be fined.

With the actual emissions standards you need to have an type approval for any part of the exhaust which is not OEM. Otherwise your bike is not road legal.

There are differnt kind of sport aftermarket exhaust suppliers with approval like: Akrapovic, Remus, Arrow, Shark, BOS, etc. but normally only for slip-on and not for complete systems.

Kind regards,

Tom.
TomS1000R14

Motorrad: S1000R '14

Beitragvon -mat- » 09.03.2018, 17:52

hey bharath,
i just welcome you aboard.
enjoy your RR and always drive on the right side :lol:

mat.
-mat-

Motorrad: S 1000 XR

Beitragvon Matthias K » 10.03.2018, 06:40

Hi Bharath,
Welcome here.
Enjoy the ride of the RR

GL
Matthias
....alles geht!!!
Matthias K

Motorrad: HP4 Competition 0169

Beitragvon vickonix » 10.03.2018, 16:11

Thanks everyone for the quick and informative replies.

TÜV indeed is a big deal and is also understandable why, Thanks @Schwarz(b)renner

Looks like i'll settle for a Slip-on, thanks @TomS1000R14 and @Pdub1

@Matthias K @-mat-, Thanks for the warm welcome, haha i will remember to ALWAYS drive on the right side.

I've attached a pic of my bike as a gratitude. Ya'll Drive alot and stay safe,

Cheers,
Bharath
Dateianhänge
IMG_20171021_142346.jpg
vickonix

Motorrad: BMW S1000 RR

Zurück zu RR - S 1000 RR - Zubehör - S1000RR - HP4