Touring Europa auf dem RR

Bilder - S 1000 RR - S1000RR - HP4 - HP 4 - S 1000 R - S1000R

Touring Europa auf dem RR

Beitragvon Jax0238 » 02.08.2013, 21:56

Long Read hope you have the chance to read and see it all...Lots of Pictures!

So me and forum member "Wobbly" had planned this trip after our first meet and his introduction of the Alps in Europe to me. After this first trip to the Italian Alps I was completely hooked! There is absolutely nothing that compares to this type of riding and hope to be stuck in Germany for as long as I can. Have been to the Stelvio Pass 3 times in July alone!

Destinations:
Although these weren't set in stone I know I wanted to hit as much as I could!
-Austria
-Italy
-Switzerland
-Slovenia

I also spent an entire 22 km riding through the entire country of Liechtenstein.

Trip:
We had originally planned for a week long trip. This ended prematurely as I got a call from Wobbly saying his engine dumped all of its oil 100 miles into the trip. I then set out on my own as I had been planning this for a month or two.
First destination was Stelvio Pass..
To get there I had planned to take some passes through Austria and Switzerland and come up the Umbrail Pass on the back side of the Stelvio.
These passes included
-Hahntenjoch (Austria)ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre
-Offenpass (Switzerland)ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre
-Umbrailpass (Switzerland)ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre
-Stelvio Pass (Italy)ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre
This was all done including travel from Germany on the first day and took 10-12 hours. For the most part the weather was decent but got rained on a little bit going through the Offenpass.

The next day was not as productive in pass riding but did make it quite a distance and took another 10 hours of riding time. The passes that were done on the second day...
-Timmeljoch Pass (Italy/Austria)ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre
-Grossglockner Pass (Austria)ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre

After these I would head to Slovenia. Here I would only ride 2 passes, I was by myself and getting somewhat bored talking to myself :rolleyes:
-Vršic Sattel-Most all of the hairpin turns were made of paving stones which were laid by Russian prisoners during World War 1 but is terrible to ride onALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre
-Predel Pass ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre

After this I decided it was enough to do on my own, so I rode another 6 hours home after the passes. 2700 km total done in 3 days on the RR! It was now time for lots of sleep and rest....so I thought!

The next day I had talked to Wobbly and he said his bike would be ready to go in a few days and he will be making the trip down as well...
Like I said, I am completely hooked so I couldn't resist to join. Told the wife, repacked my bags then I again set out only a few days after I returned.
This time we would focus on Swiss Passes and also make another trip to the Stelvio for good beer and accommodations.
Switzerland held lots of amazing passes filled with breathtaking scenery and great weather (especially at the top of the passes where the temperature was mostly in the 50's!)
So we spent the next three days riding throughout Switzerland. It was lots of fun and had some interesting moments. Getting pulled over by the Swiss Police for my license plate placement, Alpen cows standing in the middle of the road staring at you and just beautiful country!
Some of the passes in Switzerland that we visited...
-Abula Pass ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre
-Julier Pass ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre
-Grimsel Pass ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre
-Nufenen Pass ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre
-Oberalp Pass ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre
-Susten Pass ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre
-Klausen Pass ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre

I may be missing some so hopefully Wobbly can chime in and see if I mentioned them all.

Besides the high prices on everything in Switzerland it was an amazing trip and glad that I had decided to join along on the second leg :D
So total travel over the 6 combined days was just about 5,500 km and my K3's are toast. It's now sitting at the dealer awaiting service and new tires :rolleyes:

Pictures to follow...
Nick
Jax0238

Motorrad: '12 S1000RR

Re: Touring Europa auf dem RR

Beitragvon Jax0238 » 02.08.2013, 21:57

Nick
Jax0238

Beitragvon Jax0238 » 02.08.2013, 22:00

The cow wanted a picture with the beautiful RR!

Bild

Bild

Six Days of riding passes destroyed my tires!

Bild

Liechtenstein

Bild

Slovenia

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
Zuletzt geändert von Jax0238 am 02.08.2013, 23:09, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Nick
Jax0238

Beitragvon Wobbly » 02.08.2013, 22:04

Dazu kamen noch:

Bernina Pass

Forcola di Livigno

Foscagno &
Passo d‘Eira

Gotthardpass
Wobbly

Motorrad: MZ 250

Beitragvon HoRRst83 » 02.08.2013, 23:57

Mit der RR geht so einiges....

Bild

Bild

Bild

... Und eine GS spielte keine Rolle ;)
HoRRst83

Motorrad: S 1000 RR 2012

Beitragvon Steine » 03.08.2013, 06:28

Thats amazing stuff - I only heard about stories of grazy guys taking al Passes of the Alps at onces :mrgreen:

There is a special challenge in the Swiss alps, that is called the Butterfly, because it looks like it from the top if you've colourmarked the roads of that tour into your map and means in general 2 fantastic days arround Furka! :wink:

.....just follow the marks and dont do it the opposite way! :evil:

.... start it in:

Schattdorf,
Schöllenenschlucht,
Andermatt,
Furkapass,
Gletsch,
Nufenenpass,
Airolo,
Gotthardpass incl. Tremola,
Andermatt,
Oberalppass,
Disentis,
Lukmanierpass,,
Biasca,
Airolo,
Gotthardpass,
Andermatt,
Furka zum 2.,
Gletsch,
Grimselpass,
Innertkirchen,

...and at the end:

Sustenpass,
Wassen,
Schattdorf.

8)
.... if you never try you'll never know just what you're worth...
Steine

Motorrad: HP4 v1.0 Comp

Beitragvon Serpel » 03.08.2013, 08:40

Steine hat geschrieben:There is a special challenge in the Swiss alps, that is called the Butterfly, because it looks like it from the top if you've colourmarked the roads of that tour into your map and means in general 2 fantastic days arround Furka! :wink:

.....just follow the marks and dont do it the opposite way! :evil:

.... start it in:

Schattdorf,
Schöllenenschlucht,
Andermatt,
Furkapass,
Gletsch,
Nufenenpass,
Airolo,
Gotthardpass incl. Tremola,
Andermatt,
Oberalppass,
Disentis,
Lukmanierpass,,
Biasca,
Airolo,
Gotthardpass,
Andermatt,
Furka zum 2.,
Gletsch,
Grimselpass,
Innertkirchen,

...and at the end:

Sustenpass,
Wassen,
Schattdorf.

8)

Damit man den Schmetterling tatsächlich sehen kann. :idea:

400 km - ist ja bloß ne Halbtagestour ... :twisted:

Gruß
Serpel
Serpel

Motorrad: BMW S 1000 R

Beitragvon Steine » 03.08.2013, 16:36

Danke für die Entwicklungshilfe, hatte auch mal einen Account dafür, leider wenig benutzt und nun fehlt das Password - ich finde den Schmetterling für ne Tagestour sehr heftig, aber machbar! :mrgreen: :wink:

Hast du noch Alternativen dazu? :D
Steine

Beitragvon Serpel » 03.08.2013, 19:06

Steine hat geschrieben:Hast du noch Alternativen dazu? :D

Jede Menge (wohne ja "zmitts" drin), Steine, möchte aber nicht Jax0238s schönen Thread weiter zerlabern.

Jax0238 hat geschrieben:After these I would head to Slovenia. Here I would only ride 2 passes, I was by myself and getting somewhat bored talking to myself :rolleyes:
-Vršic Sattel-Most all of the hairpin turns were made of paving stones which were laid by Russian prisoners during World War 1 but is terrible to ride onALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre
-Predel Pass ALPENPSSE.CO | Straenbericht Alpenpsse und Bergstraen | Wintersperre

Nice ride, Jax0238, but not to forget "Wurzenjoch": :wink:

Jax0238 hat geschrieben:Bild

Gruß
Serpel
Serpel

Motorrad: BMW S 1000 R

Beitragvon Jax0238 » 27.10.2013, 11:08

Put something together from this year of riding, Enjoy! 8)

Nick
Jax0238

Beitragvon Mrdex » 27.10.2013, 11:45

Looking nice and great music selection!

Servus,
Dennis

Sent from iPhone
Servus,
Dennis
Mrdex

Motorrad: BMW HP4 (Mod. 2014)

Beitragvon Jax0238 » 17.11.2013, 19:41

Danke,

It was really a year to remember...lots of rides and lots of kilometers I will miss it when I move from Germany.
Nick
Jax0238

Beitragvon Steine » 17.11.2013, 19:55

Dear Nick,

we will miss you and Wobbly as well - take care and try to get back to good old Germania! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BR

Dirk
Steine

Beitragvon Jax0238 » 07.12.2013, 19:46

Wer bereit ist, für eine Fahrt Ende März, Anfang April gehen, bevor ich aus Deutschland zu bewegen? Ich war über eine 2-3 Tagesausflug denken. Ich werde aus Bayern unterwegs sein und wollen durch einige Pässe in Österreich gehen und weiter durch die Schweiz und Italien. Ich kann die Gasthaus in Italien an der Unterseite des Stelvio Stelvio behalten aber die wird wahrscheinlich nicht offen sein. Ich habe auch einige motorradfreundliche Gasthaus "in Österreich
Nick
Jax0238

Zurück zu S 1000 RR - Bilder - S1000RR - HP4 - HP 4 - S 1000 R - S1000R